Effective August 25, 2021
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT ME IS COLLECTED AND STORED?
What Categories of personal information do we collect about you?
We collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number;
- Other Identifying Information: social media user names, IP address, commerce ID, order ID, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card and debit card;
- Demographic Information: gender and date of birth;
- Geolocation Data;
- Internet or Other Electronic Activity: your browsing history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most;
- Audio and visual information: your videos and photos that you choose to upload to our websites or otherwise share with us;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our website;
- Personal Interests: preferences including information about the types of events and products you prefer; and
- Inferences : inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Place, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription and registration;
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration; and
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use contact information, other identifying information and your internet activity and browsing history to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes;
- Provide you with our loyalty program, including earning points and awarding and redeeming rewards;
- Provide you with targeted advertising; and
- Provide you with other information from and about one of the Kontoor Brands family of brands, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website: We use your internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide and maintain functionality on our website, including our live chat or customer review features;
- Handle your customer services requests;
- Provide our reviews feature to you; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our stores, websites and apps.
- Review and content creation purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, and video and audio information to enable reviews of our products and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our website and services and on social media.
- Security and Fraud Prevention : We also use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company and others, and for, fraud detection, theft prevention and legal compliance.
From what sources do we collect sources of personal information?
We collect information from the following sources:
We collect information directly from you. We collect contact, demographic, personal preference, and payment information directly from you. You may provide us with such information through our websites, in our stores, through our customer service representatives, at events, through mobile applications, through marketing efforts, including contests, sweepstakes and events, and through third parties, or any other way we interact with you.
We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Advertising and Online Tracking section below.
When We Share Information with Third Parties
Our Service Providers
We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services, including operating the website, hosting the website, providing the products and services you request, authorizing and processing your payments, product fulfillment, fraud protection and credit risk reduction, product customization, marketing and promotional material distribution, loyalty program management, promotions fulfillment, web site evaluation, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We call them our Service Providers. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours.
We may share contact information and other personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with Kontoor Brands. In addition, the contact information and other personal information that we collect about you may be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of any of the Kontoor Brands or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change of control.
Law Enforcement and Courts
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online, at events or in our stores. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with third parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
Advertising and Online Tracking
"Cookies" are small text files that a website sends to a user's hard drive through the browser for data storage. Most browsers accept cookies automatically but allow you to disable them. By disabling or otherwise rejecting cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings on this website. We recommend that you leave cookies "turned on" so that we can offer you a better shopping experience on this website.
We use third-party companies to provide Internet data hosting and to help us measure and determine how visitors use our website and the effectiveness of our website and promotions in order to help us improve and optimize our website and the products and services we offer. We also use third-party companies to serve advertisements (banners or links) on our behalf across the Internet. These companies use tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) to collect information about your visits to our website and your interactions with our products and services in order to provide tailored advertisements based on your interests and browsing of our website (remarketing) on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. We use third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) to better understand and advertise to audiences that visit our website.
In addition, some of our email communications to you may include a "click-through URL" linked to a particular page on the website. By clicking on one of these URLs, you will automatically enter our website and we may collect information related to the "click-through." You may avoid having this information collected by not clicking on URL links in our email communications.
We use Google Analytics on the website to collect track your internet or other electronic activity, to analyze how users use the website, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
WHAT ABOUT THE PRIVACY OF CHILDREN UNDER 13?
WHAT STEPS ARE TAKEN TO KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE?
HOW CAN I ACCESS, CORRECT, AND UPDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We display personal testimonials/reviews of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. We may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at [email protected].
CAN I INDICATE WHETHER OR NOT I WANT TO RECEIVE PROMOTIONAL COMMUNICATIONS?
You always have the choice to stop receiving email marketing communications. There are several ways in which you can tell us whether or not you want to receive promotional communications from us. You can change your promotional email subscription preferences by clicking on an "unsubscribe" hyperlink contained in promotional emails we send you. Please note that "opting-out" of receiving promotional emails will not stop marketing or advertising content that is generated for distribution or is otherwise queued for transmission to you prior to the time when we can implement your request.
If you establish an account or purchase from us, you may receive certain types of communications even if you have not opted-in to receive them because these types of communications may be necessary in order to maintain an account on the website or provide you with information about your order.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I LINK TO OR FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE?
WHAT IF I AM A RESIDENT OF CALIFORNIA?
Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, otherwise known as California’s Shine the Light law, permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
To: [email protected]
Attn: Kontoor Brands Consumer Relations
400 North Elm St
Greensboro, NC 27401
California Consumer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you also have certain privacy rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 and any regulations promulgated thereunder (the “CCPA Rights”). This section describes how you may exercise your CCPA Rights with Kontoor Brands family.
CCPA Rights Requests
Right to Know and Right to Deletion
You can request to know the following categories of personal information that we collected in the preceding 12 months:
- Personal information that we have collected about you;
- Sources from which the personal information was collected about you;
- Business or commercial purposes for which such personal information was collected and shared;
- Personal information which were sold or disclosed for business purposes;
- Third parties to whom personal information was sold (including category or categories or personal information for each third party to whom personal information was sold); and
- Third parties with whom we shared your personal information.
You can also request to know the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months.
You can also request that we delete your personal information, but we may not delete all of your personal information if an exception applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; or
- Internal Use: to use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e. to improve our services).
Please note that if we delete your personal information, many of our services will not work the same. For example, you will not have an account, order history, personalized web experiences, loyalty points, recently obtained coupons, promotional emails sent to your inbox.
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please visit https://www.wrangler.com/help/ccpa-info-request.html. In order to verify your identity, we will need the name, address, phone number and email address associated with the account. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf. If you make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your information.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Personal Information that We Sell
We may sell (as sell is defined in CCPA) the following categories of personal information:
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California and federal law;
- Internet/electronic activity;
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, preferences, behavior and attitudes.
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16, unless we obtain consent in accordance with CCPA.
Right to Opt Out of Sale
You have the right to opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, as “sale” is defined under CCPA.
To submit a request to opt out of the sale of your personal information, please visit https://www.wrangler.com/help/ccpa-do-not-sell.html . In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must provide the authorized agent with written permission to do so, and your authorized agent must submit that written proof at the time they make the request on your behalf.
We participate in digital advertising networks to deliver advertising that is tailored to your interests. The participation in certain ad networks can constitute a “sale” of personal information under CCPA. In order to opt out of this activity, please visit https://optout.aboutads.info/ or https://optout.networkadvertising.org
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA Rights and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your rights.
We offer various financial incentives. The terms of the financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at 1 (888) 784 – 8571 or [email protected]; The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
WHAT IF I AM AN INTERNATIONAL USER?
To: [email protected]
Attn: Kontoor Brands Consumer Relations
400 North Elm St
Greensboro, NC 27401