Wrangler Healthy Soils Scholarship Program
At Wrangler, we use a lot of cotton. Because large-scale cotton production requires extensive use of water, fertilizers and pesticides—practices that are costly to farmers and can have significant environmental impacts—we’ve formed a coalition of industry, academic and nonprofit partners to assist and encourage U.S. cotton growers to adopt best practices for soil health. The Soil Health Scholarship gives students the opportunity to be a part of this industry-changing coalition.
To promote soil health as an important part of the future of agriculture.
The Wrangler Healthy Soils Scholarships will be awarded to one college student or high school senior intending to pursue a degree related to agriculture, soil science, or environmental science.
1. Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
2. Applicants must be currently attending college or planning to attend college in fall 2018.
3. Applicants must provide one letter of reference, see below.
4. Proof of financial need is not required to qualify.
5. Wrangler Healthy Soils Scholarship recipients are not eligible to re-apply in subsequent years.
The recipient will be chosen by a Selection Committee comprised of Wrangler employees.
The annual award is $5,000. No awards will be paid to the recipient. All awards are for tuition and fees only, and will be paid directly to the academic institution.
APPLICATION INFORMATION PRO
1. One letter of reference, documenting ambitions, goals, leadership, and any other factors the reference giver may provide to assist the committee in judging your eligibility.
2. Personal Statement (no longer than 250 words) demonstrating the following:
a. Personal Objectives and Values
b. Career Objectives
c. Participation and leadership in campus or outside organizations
d. General Background Information
3. 1-3-minute video describing why soil health is important (this requirement may be waived with participation in the Next Generation Land Stewardship Conference, April 7, 2018 in Greensboro).
4. Original Official Transcript(s) sent directly from school
5. Verification of Enrollment completed by college or university
The deadline to apply is May 31, 2018. Please submit all application materials in .pdf and .mp4 form to email@example.com with the subject line “Scholarship Application - <Your Name>”. Scholarship recipient will be contacted June 15, 2018.
For additional questions, or to learn more about the scholarship, email firstname.lastname@example.org